MINUTE TAKING & REPORTS WRITING WORKSHOP (MTRW)
October 2019 – EASTGATE, SOUTH AFRICA, 28 October – 31 October 2019 – 3 DAYS WORKSHOP
Registration Fees: ZAR932.58 (R1000)
Course Fees: Local: ZAR8,417.77 (R8999)
International: ZAR22,418.75 (R24000)
Local and International Delegates registration plus booking is open due to limited space available:
Minute Taking And Report Writing – A Practical Guide
To learn how to liaise with the chairperson to prepare the meeting and agenda. To reduce the time it takes to produce accurate minutes and reports with confidence. Learn a speed writing technique that will work for you when taking minutes and compiling reports. To identify and capture the key points of a discussion. Increase your confidence to produce accurate minutes and reports.
Anyone who is required to organise meetings, take factual records of meetings and distribute action points afterwards.
Agenda and Meeting Preparation
- Liaising with the Chairperson
- The agenda – its preparation and purpose
- What makes a successful meeting?
- Why are meetings/minutes important?
Methods of Note-taking
- Speed writing techniques
- Key to accuracy when taking notes
- Identifying and capturing key points
Writing the Minutes
- Converting our notes to text
- Using correct appropriate business language
- Identifying a structure and format suitable for your needs
- Awareness of Freedom of Information and Data Protection Acts, as they relate to minutes and reports.
- Producing minutes and reports that accurately reflect their purpose and are reader-friendly – within an acceptable time frame
Exercises will take place throughout the day which allow participants to gain practical experience of key skills, including the opportunity to work with scenarios taken from actual meetings and to practise taking individual minutes.