STRESS AND ANGER MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP (SAM)
April 2019 – JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA, 08 April – 12 April 2019 – 5 DAYS WORKSHOP
Registration Fees: ZAR930.60 (R1000) Course Fees: Local: ZAR8,399.93 (R8999) International: ZAR22,371.25 (R24000)
Local and International Delegates registration plus booking is open due to limited space available:
Stressed out! You’ve been there, haven’t you? You know what it’s like to have a million things to do in the next week, or fifty things to do in the next hour, or thirteen in the next minute. You know all about deadlines stampeding toward you like buffalo, or fires that must be put out immediately to save your company. This Course will show you how to manage stress in your work and overcome anger which could unavoidably be present.
- To manage daily work and life stress
- To understand the fundamental mechanisms behind stress and anger management
- To set priorities and limit time involvements
- To assert yourself in handling stress and anger more effectively
- To manage work relationship to improve productivity and reduce stress
TARGET AUDIENCE & PURPOSE
This course will benefit anyone plus Staff members who wish to achieve better stress and anger management in work and life.
Changing economic times have us pulled in multiple directions i.e. at work, personal life etc. Stress and Anger management in the workplace requires highly interactive learning and the participants have to apply these stress plus anger management training tools to effectively manage stress including anger that can be a stumbling block to productivity. This course will deal with the different facets of stress including anger and provide practical solutions and plan of action both in work and personal situations. Organizational skills are improved so that fewer things “fall through the cracks.” Specific Stress and Anger Management tools are learned that produce immediate results.
- Understanding our stress environments and understanding anger
- On the job – stress strategies at work
- Understanding the Law of Forced Efficiency
- Limiting time involvements – effectiveness versus efficiency
- Planning, organizing, scheduling, prioritizing, tracking, monitoring results
- How meeting leaders and members can champion at meetings
- Put first things first – engage your head and heart
- Managing your own and others’ anger and stress
- Conflicts resolutions in a Win-Win manner
- Effective communication, listening and response
- Practice teamwork and internal customer concept
- Manage stress, anger and worry in a fun-filled way
- Understanding stress and anger symptoms
- Techniques for relaxation and reducing negative stress
- Meditation, breathing, nutrition, mental and physical exercise
- Managing yourself positively under pressure
- Practical ways to beat stress, anger, failure and success
- Achieving work-life balance for growth, development and play
- The art of getting along for better mental health
- Summary and back-to-work application
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
Understand stress and Anger
- Define what stress is; how it affects us
Understand the tools used to deal with stress and anger such as: Stress plus Anger Evaluation Exercise; Desk Yoga Techniques; Self Massage Techniques; Creative Visualization, Etc.
- Control information overload.
- Master the choice and change challenge.
- Reduce stress plus control anger through improved organization
- Save time and reduce stress including anger with improved listening.
- Reduce stress and anger in others.
- Create important time just for you plus they those concerned
Caution: Anger is a normal, healthy emotion. However, it can be a problem if you find it difficult to keep it under control.
“You can control your anger, and you have a responsibility to do so,” says clinical psychologist Isabel Clarke, a specialist in anger management.
A highly interactive adult-focused programme with plenty of hands-on experience, real life and work application-based activities, true-world case studies and discussions, questions/answers sessions.